Childhaven volunteers are essential in helping us achieve our vision of a community where children and families reach their full potential. Classroom volunteers support teaching staff in a preschool setting that focuses on therapeutic care for babies and children.
- Cooperate with Therapeutic Child Care Workers to maintain the scheduled classroom curriculum
- Be a positive role model for the children
- Give children one-on-one attention in a supervised setting
- Participate in the planned classroom activities
- Follow Childhaven policies and procedures
- Perform other related tasks as assigned
- Flexibility, patience and the ability to work with young children
- Be a minimum of 16 years old. Exceptions can be made for students who are seeking to fulfill a educational requirement
- Commit to at least one, two hour time block a week for a minimum period of 6 months (Monday-Friday, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.)
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation and complete all of the required paperwork/training
- Obtain a Portable Background Check through Washington state’s Department of Early Learning. Fees for the Portable Background Check ($12) and fingerprints ($45) will apply and are the responsibility of the volunteer. By contract, this is the only background check we can accept.
Training & Supervision
- Volunteer orientation
- Supervision in classroom
We receive a large volume of volunteer inquiries, so please allow up to five business days for a response.