At this time we are only accepting new classroom volunteers at our Auburn location.
Childhaven volunteers are essential in helping us achieve our vision of a community where children and families reach their full potential. Classroom volunteers support teaching staff in a preschool setting that focuses on therapeutic care for babies and children.
- Cooperate with Therapeutic Child Care Workers to maintain the scheduled classroom curriculum
- Be a positive role model for the children
- Give children one-on-one attention in a supervised setting
- Participate in the planned classroom activities
- Follow Childhaven policies and procedures
- Perform other related tasks as assigned
- Flexibility, patience and the ability to work with young children
- Be a minimum of 16 years old. Exceptions can be made for students who are seeking to fulfill a educational requirement
- Commit to at least one, two hour time block a week for a minimum period of 6 months (Monday-Friday, 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.)
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation and complete all of the required paperwork/training
- Obtain a Portable Background Check through Washington state’s Department of Early Learning. Fees for the Portable Background Check and fingerprints will apply and are the responsibility of the volunteer. By contract, this is the only background check we can accept.
Training & Supervision
- Volunteer orientation
- Supervision in classroom
We receive a large volume of volunteer inquiries, so please allow up to five business days for a response.