Serving children from 0 to 6 years of age, and their families.
Science tells us that we must support cognitive, social, and emotional development simultaneously in order to prepare children for school and for life. Our early learning programs for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers provide daily care and pre-K instruction with a social-emotional focus to help children with highly individual needs succeed.
If your child is experiencing behavioral issues or developmental delays, they may qualify for one of Childhaven’s early learning programs.
Early learning includes:
- Intensive day program with low teacher-child ratios—food and transportation included
- Preschool with kindergarten-readiness focus
- Parenting classes and family support
- Medical supervision by staff nurses, plus health screenings and individualized health plans for each child
- Therapy through creative expression in play, music and art
Our early learning programs also work closely with parents to support their children’s health and education and to meet family goals. They help families access medical and dental care and social services.
Children in this type of high-quality program nationwide are:
- Healthier when they start kindergarten.
- Less likely to be in special education or repeat a grade in school.
- More likely to graduate from high school and go onto college.
- Less likely to become pregnant as a teen or become involved in a crime.
- More likely to be employed and to earn more as an adult.
Learn more about these outcomes and the impact of high quality early learning at James Heckman’s website, and in a report from the Washington State Department of Early Learning.