We are committed to protecting the identity and privacy of all donors. The purpose of this policy is to state Childhaven’s assurance on donor confidentiality and donor anonymity that will guide the actions of the Board of Trustees, the CEO and staff and committee members who may serve Childhaven, regarding the rights of donors and potential donors to confidentiality regarding their transactions with Childhaven.
To protect the privacy of our donors, we adhere to the following guidelines:
- We handle information about donors and donations with respect and confidentiality.
- We do not exchange, lend, rent or sell our donor lists to third party organizations.
- The personal information provided when making a donation via mail, online, workplace giving or registering for an event will not be disclosed to any unauthorized third parties.
- Childhaven uses a secure third party host to process credit card donations on our website. Childhaven do not store or have access to credit card numbers provided online.
- Employees, volunteers and contracted vendors of Childhaven are not permitted to use this information for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for the benefit of Childhaven.
- Childhaven’s auditors are authorized to review donor and prospect records as required for the purposes for which they are engaged.
- Gift agreements are considered “strictly confidential information” and are not public documents unless the donor has granted permission to disclose information.
- Periodic physical and/or electronic mailings about Childhaven, its programs, or upcoming events will be sent to donors using provided home, business or email address.
- Donor names may be listed in Childhaven’s annual report, on the website or in newsletter publications unless donor requests anonymity.
- Childhaven will not publish the specific amount of any donor’s gift without the permission of the donor.
- The names of donors on memorial or honor gifts may be released to the honoree, next of kin or designated immediate family member unless donor requests to remain anonymous. We do not release gift amount information unless otherwise specified by the donor.
- Gifts given by an organization(s) that are not aligned with Childhaven mission and values, may be put into a review with the Childhaven Executive Committee for condition of acceptance.
Childhaven gathers, utilizes and discloses personal information concerning our donors for the following reasons:
- To establish a relationship and communicate with donors
- To understand who our donors are and how we may improve our services to meet their preferences and expectations
- To process a donation (e.g. a credit card transaction)
- To issue a tax receipt
- To recognize contributions
- To meet requirements imposed by law
A person can opt out from mailings and communications at any time by checking the “please remove my name from your email list” option contained in every email or ask to be removed from future correspondence by phone to 206.957.4805 or by mail to Attn: Development, Childhaven 1035 SW 124th Street, Seattle, WA 98146